We are currently seeking experienced Superintendents for various projects in the Harrisburg, PA and Scranton, PA areas.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please fill out our Online Application.
Poole Anderson Construction / Career Opportunities
2121 Old Gatesburg Road, Suite 200
State College, PA 16803
Poole Anderson is an EEO / Affirmative Action employer with a strong commitment to environmental awareness and a drug-free workplace.
The Superintendent is responsible for the day-to-day communication, leadership, planning, organization and control of assigned site(s)/project(s) to meet the operational goals of Poole Anderson and the “Expectations” defined for this position. The Senior Superintendent must embody Poole Anderson’s commitment to safety, quality, and integrity, while efficiently managing and executing the site construction in accordance with budget and schedule goals. The Senior Superintendent serves as Poole Anderson’s front line site representative in relations with clients, subcontractors, and vendors.
- Responsible for all aspects of project safety and quality on projects utilizing OSHA and Poole Anderson standards.
- Supervise and manage all aspects of the site including site layout and logistics, working hours, site security, cleanup, etc.
- Coordinate all testing activities, engaging with and scheduling 3rd party agencies (where required) and insuring all tests are performed and documented.
- Manage and supervise all personnel on site.
- Manage and supervise assigned foremen and Poole Anderson personnel for self-perform work.
- Complete all field reporting accurately and timely.
- Participate in the Pre-construction process (where applicable) providing input to the PM relating to phasing, scheduling, site logistics, resources, construction means and methods, VE opportunities, and constructability reviews.
- Develop, in conjunction with the PM, the project baseline schedule. Provide status and forecasts for periodic updates (weekly), hold site scheduling meetings (if applicable) and insure compliance with the project schedule by all project participants.
- Identify and/or review document discrepancies and questions that have been identified by other parties. Attempt to resolve through a thorough review of all documents, communication with the PM. Provide necessary input to the PM for generation of an RFI (where applicable).
- Participate in Submittal process, as requested by the PM, providing input, analysis, review, and/or site measurements.
- Manage as-built process by maintaining control as-built documents and insuring periodic updates are being performed and recorded.
- Identify unforeseen conditions, discrepancies, and owner initiated changes.
- Provide input to PM for performing estimates and establishing budgets for base and change order work.
- Participate in subcontractor scope review meetings.
- Proactively participate in Owner job conferences providing summaries of completed activities, current status, future activities, and any other necessary information.
- Actively participate in and/or lead subcontractor job conferences.
- Provide input to the PM as necessary for evaluation and approval of subcontractor and supplier change requests.
- Provide input to the PM necessary for evaluation and approval of subcontractor and supplier invoices.
- Participate in preparation of punchlist (pre-architect punchlist) and insure items are completed.
- Schedule and document closeout activities including Demonstration and Testing Activities, Owner Training activities, and turnover of spare parts and extra stock.
- Participate in preparation of punchlist (Architect/Owner Punchlist) and insure items are completed timely and accurately.
- Document lessons learned to the PM for inclusion in the Historical Cost report and for future use.
- Learn, master and utilize company technologies including, Procore, Bluebeam, Primavera P6, Bridgit etc.
- 5-10 years minimum experience on projects valuing $500,o00 – $25,000,000 in a superintendent role is required
- Must be able to manage general trades self-performance activities and manpower, as well as track inefficiencies and adjust accordingly with the Project Manager
- Must possess the OSHA 30-hour certification and be knowledgeable with OSHA standards and compliance
- Experience with construction management software ProCore and Bluebeam or equivalent and Microsoft office suite preferred
- Must be construction document and drawing literate, with knowledge of all phases of construction
- Must have experience and proficiency in all divisions of work, methods, materials, scheduling and cost control
- Strong technical and communication skills are critical
- Must be able to lead or assist the project manager with project schedule development and constructability reviews
- A BS degree OR the equivalent related field experience is required
- Must have a valid PA driver’s license
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. consistently
- Ability to work in field environments with exposure to dust, inclement weather conditions, extreme heat, noise and vibrations
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment (hard hat, vest and safety glasses provided)
EMPLOYEE PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Competitive Wages
- Family-Oriented Company
- Growing Industry
- Job Security
- Advancement Opportunities